Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Feeling Full

I feel so full. (I'm refering to emotionally, but after I wrote that sentence I realized that physically applies also. haha) Allen and Gipsa's wedding was Monday morning. It was so amazing. I don't even know how to describe all of it. The best word I have is extravagant. Anyway, we did eat non-stop for days, which is why I can say I'm physically full. But even beyond that, I feel like I have a hope and vision for this trip that I've been trying to grasp since I've been here. One of the pastor's visiting here from the U.S. was asking me about my time here. Somehow we got on that I'd love to do a Bible study with some of the women, but the language barrier is such a wall. They don't know English well enough nor do I know a woman who can translate. He suggested Gipsa.
I met her three times before the wedding. (Ironic because Allen only met her once for like 2 minutes! He was asking me one day how tall she was. Blows my mind.) We have never had a deep conversation or anything, but she's one of those people that I feel a deep connection with right off the bat. And honestly I haven't connected like that very much since being here. I've been excited about her moving into the Banuel's house.
All of that to say the idea of leading a Bible study with her makes so much sense and is really exciting to me. I've been dying to do something like that, and she can help me do it (She's an English Lit. major. woohoo!). Plus, her new husband will eventually take over his dad's ministry, which she will also be a large part of. I don't imagine that she's done anything like lead a women's Bible study before, so maybe this is an opportunity for me to show her how. Like I said, I'm so grateful to feel like maybe I'm seeing a glimpse into God's purpose in having me here. I'm certainly going to be praying about it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment