Friday, February 3, 2012

Wedding

I just really need to share some pictures from Allen and Gypsa's wedding. I'm telling you, it was unbelievable.
Allen's side met at the Banuel's house; then, we caravaned to the auditorium for the ceremony. There was a long procession of vehicles, especially several buses full of people.
Gispa had on a total of 3 pounds of gold. We did the math and figured it was worth $40,000! I couldn't afford an Indian wedding.
At the reception, the couple sat on thrones and people would come to give them gifts and greet them. There was a videographer and photographer who would then capture the moment with each person who came.
This picture makes me laugh. Reason number one: Indians rarely smile in pictures, so I was trying to be like them. haha. Number two: I had to go to my friend Santhi's house to have her help me put on my dress. Its way complicated to wear a Sari. And reason number three that this is funny: I look like an amazon woman.
One of several meals I ate during the 3-day celebration. Served on banana leaves, eaten with your hands, and delish. :) They estimated that around 10,000 people ate total. That is correct. 10,000! They all come and go for three days, so there's just always a steady stream of people.
Several pastors from the U.S. came to conduct the ceremony, meaning the messages were in English. I could understand! (And btw one of the pastor's is around 6'9". I thought I look tall here. haha. It was so entertaining to see people's reactions when they saw him.)

3 comments:

  1. Jana! Love you so much! wedding looked great. was one of the american pastors Henry Holland? If so, he was one of our teachers at bible college. When do you come home?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Love you too, Kate. No, none of the pastors were Henry Holland. That would have been a really crazy connection, though. I come home May 17th. :)

      Delete
  2. Good to see this pics and your team to our village.

    ReplyDelete